When it comes to pasta, Italy is the first thing that comes to mind. Italians are probably the only people happy to eat pasta more than once every day.
And of course, what’s the pasta without some sauce? The variety of sauces are pretty large, and each one more delicious than the last.
If you want to surprise your family or friends with some easy, but not ordinary dish, we suggest you to try to cook Italian pasta with ginger-garlic sauce.
Prep time: 30 minutes.
Yields: 2-4 portions.
Total time: 40 minutes.
For the dough:
200 g.flour (you can use hard wheat flour)
1-2 tbsp olive oil
For the sauce:
3-4 slices of ginger
2-3 cloves of garlic
5-6 cherry tomatoes
1/4 chili pepper
5-6 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1. At first, we should prepare our pasta dough. Break the eggs into the flour, then add salt and olive oil.
2. Knead the pasta dough until it’s smooth. Tuck the dough in resealable plastic bag, and put it in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
3. Then take the dough out of the fridge and roll it. The thinner is your pasta, the more delicious it will be.
4. Cut your dough into thin stripes. You can form them to some “nests” and keep them in the freezer or you can cook it immediately: boil into salt water, and cook the pasta until al dente, 4-5 minutes.
Now prepare all the ingredients for the sauce:
1. Crush the garlic with the flat side of the knife. Slice chili and ginger. Add cherry tomatoes in the end, just cutting them into half.
2. Heat the pan, while the pasta is boiling, add olive oil, and fry chili, ginger and garlic for the sauce. You can add cherry tomatoes at this stage or add them in the end of cooking.
3. When the ginger and garlic become tender, add the prepared pasta and cook everything together for one minute.
Our homemade pasta is ready. If you want, you can add some fresh ground black pepper and serve the dish with a drop of olive oil.
Italian homemade pasta with ginger-garlic sauce can be a perfect vegetarian dish. Or you can cook some meat-or fish steak, and the past will be the perfect garnish.